About Anderson Organizing Systems (AOS)
AOS, founded and owned by Kit Anderson, CPO-CD, allows individuals, nonprofits, companies and government offices to solve problems, meet goals and realize missions by becoming better organized.
“I highly recommend Kit and Anderson Organizing Systems … in the area of personal time management as well as in the area of organizational effectiveness. What I have learned … is so freeing!”
— Pastor John Heffelfinger
Redeemer Lutheran Church, Albuquerque
What AOS Offers
AOS coaching empowers you to overcome personal and work challenges, identify and achieve goals, and increase productivity. Kit works with you to prioritize and order easy-to-do steps toward your objective. She is experienced in coaching people who are easily distracted or have an ADHD diagnosis, have mood disorders or anxiety disorders, or have experienced a traumatic brain injury.
Kit’s coaching clients experience success that leads to confidence and greater satisfaction in both work and life.
Consulting and Hands-On Organizing
AOS can assess the situation in your office or home, identify the problems and propose solutions. Working together we can create spaces that are functional and beautiful.
AOS can turn a volume of information, however overwhelming or scattered, into an organized system that allows you to find what you need, for the book you’re writing, the research you’re doing, the memoir you’re creating, or the home you’re managing.
Seminars, Workshops, Presentations
AOS seminars provide knowledge and skills that are practical, relevant, and instantly useful. Each seminar allows time for solving the appropriate real-life problems that the individual participants bring from work or home. Seminars can be customized.
Who Hires AOS
Government offices, companies, nonprofit organizations, business people, artists, people experiencing a household move, home managers, people whose circumstances cause temporary disorganization, executives, people for whom organizing is continually difficult, retirees, a stroke survivor, people changing careers, attorneys, members of the clergy, people who live with ADD, engineers, and a chinchilla rancher. (Wait! Just kidding about the chinchilla rancher; all the rest are actual clients.)
AOS Client List
The following is a few of the many groups for whom AOS has given workshops:
- American Marketing Association
- Executive Forum
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
- New Mexico Commission on the Status of Women
- Southwest Network for Environmental and Economic Justice
- Sud-Chemie Performance Packaging
- Meyners + Company
AOS Projects & Results
Here are a few examples of the results AOS has achieved for clients:
- Organized living space and then coached a client living with ADHD. Result: “Kit, you have brought peace to my life.”
- Created a life story from a collection of stories told to me by an elder. Result: the children had a coherent narrative of their parent’s wonderfully rich, eventful life.
- Consulted to a medical office manager with a pathologically cluttered desk and similarly disorganized work life. Result: a report detailing solutions, including how to rearrange the office; how to declutter the office; how to implement a paper-flow system for claims; how to schedule the archiving of records; how to improve delegation skills.
- Coached a counselor with unsatisfactory performance evaluations. Result: her performance evaluations went from “unsatisfactory” to “excellent,” and she was able to transfer to a better-paying position.
- Organized time and materials for home-schooling mothers. Result: better ability to plan lessons, find materials, keep academic records.
- Coached a client with a brain injury. Result: she successfully returned to full employment.
- Designed and implemented a filing system for a complex, interconnected group of corporations. Result: personnel had access to previously lost vital documents, and the corporations were able to discard almost 50% of accumulated papers.
- Coached graduate students. Results: more timely assignment submission, better grades, better life/school/work balance, reduced stress
- Created filing systems for information needed in legal proceedings. Result: the information was available to support the client’s claims.
“Without Kit, I’d still be searching for an hour rather than just a few minutes to lay my hands on a file…It’s not everyone who can make organization and time management fun rather than a chore.”
— Steve Brandon, Assistant Professor
Department of English, University of New Mexico
contents © 2017 Anderson Organizing Systems
copy written by Sue Anderson © 2017 Sue Anderson